Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Holiday Video Game Classics

It's that time of year. The music starts playing in the stores. The decorations go up. You come home, have a look in the closet, and find your old video game systems there waiting for you.

I don't know why it is, but this time of year seems to turn our minds back to games past. Pac Man, Super Mario, Donkey Kong. Just yesterday I had a friend over, we ended up doing a tour of my old video game systems. Later my daughter came to me. She'd been going through her old Gameboy cartridges, finding old friends in a dresser drawer. (I play my Gameboy games with my GameCube adapter, which puts them up on my 55 inch TV. No squinting for me any more.)


The problem is, how do you hook up these older systems to the new TV you bought in the meanwhile?

Fortunately, I've got an entire web page on hooking up your classic video game or computer system to your TV. So you can not only hook up your old Atari or Nintendo, but also your Commodore 64, Apple II, Atari 800, Vic-20, or whatever.

If it's gathered some dust, or got put away with finger smudges on it, I've also got a page on caring for your older electronics.

I love the old stuff myself. I know I'm not alone. When we have guests over the holidays, I can't tell you how much fun we have playing fun, simple old video games like Ms Pac Man, Pong, Shadow Squadron, Space Invaders, and so on. Even Katamari Damacy is on the old-time play list now, though the PS2 hooks up to our modern TV just fine--this year. In a few years I'll probably have to create a web page on that, or a page on building a video modification to allow PS2 players to relive favorite moments with their older game system.

We gotta keep bringing our old friends along into the future with us, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment