Sunday, February 9, 2014

DayZ, Diaries of the Damned #13

Daytime, Evening, City

So my friend and I are all geared up and feeling good. We're hanging out near the coast still, just picking up some groceries before heading west. I brought back enough handguns for both of us, some axes and can openers and a good selection of clothing in addition to what he got on his own before we met up.

I've still got a lot of crap in my inventory, stuff I'll never need, really. Some beaten up cargo pants, an extra tactical vest in a crappy color, the screwdriver that I used to open cans with, that sort of thing.

I see movement between a couple of buildings.

"Company to the east," I say.

"On it."

We advance. A shape darts between a couple of buildings. It's a newly-spawned Survivor.

"Let's give him some of this extra crap," I say.

We go into the building. He sees us, and goes right to the floor.

"Don't kill me! Don't kill me! Take all my stuff but dear God don't kill me again, please!"

"Whoa, take it easy. We just want to give you some stuff."

"Here," the Survivor says, throwing a paint can and a beanie onto the floor. "It's all I've got. I'll give you my t-shirt and jeans, too."

"Seriously, dude," I throw down the tactical vest and cargo pants, "here, take this."

He pauses. Then the stuff disappears. He's got it.

"Are you for real?"

"Yeah. Got any food?"

"No."

I drop an opened can of beans and the screwdriver.

"Here's a can of beans opened up so you can eat them. And a screwdriver, that'll open cans for you till you get your own can opener."

"Wow, thanks!" He starts to wolf down the beans.

"Got any weapons?"

"No, just the screwdriver."

"Here," I drop our spare fire axe. "This thing goes right through zombies like you wouldn't believe."

He picks it up. "Wow, check this thing out..."

"Aaaaaah! You dirty bastards! I cut my hands off with that freaking axe! Ahhh! I'm dying! I'm dying! Damn you!"

My buddy and I look at the dead body and bloody mess.

"Wow, that was crazy," says my friend. "Let me get our stuff back. What's this can? Paint? Aaaaah! I've painted my eyeballs! I can't see! I can't see! Argh...breath...stopping....ungh."

I look at the two dead bodies. I carefully pick the pistol off my buddy's body, and get out of the city before night falls.

DayZ, Diaries of the Damned #1

...

DayZ, Diaries of the Damned #11

DayZ, Diaries of the Damned #12

DayZ, Diaries of the Damned #14

DayZ, Diaries of the Damned #15

No comments:

Post a Comment