Sunday, February 2, 2014

DayZ, Diaries of the Damned #5

Nighttime, Open Fields

I found a tin of sardines that I could open early on, along with a flannel shirt and some hiking boots. Before long I had a motorcycle helmet, two cans of beans, and a much coveted can opener! Life is good.

I'm running around with an axe in my hands, under the stars, feeling good. Time to go back to the airport and get some serious equipment. It takes about two cans of beans and a few stops at ponds to get cross-country from near the spawn zone to the airport.

I run into a tree occasionally in the dark, but mostly I can just follow the power lines and run in the open. It takes forever, and making the trek in the dark is really boring compared to having the sights of daytime, but I'm feeling really good about having some basic supplies and the past three times I've checked in it's been night on every server with a decent ping time so it's just time to go cross country and get it out of the way.

The stars are accurate, so it's easy for me to guide myself by them. I can even tell the time of year--it's getting close to dawn and Leo is up over there, so we're in springtime.

Over there is Scorpius and...crap. I've fallen down and I'm unconscious.

Two other players on. Fat chance anyone will help me. Oh, well, maybe I can find my body before my next character starves to death.

DayZ, Diaries of the Damned #1

DayZ, Diaries of the Damned #2

DayZ, Diaries of the Damned #3

DayZ, Diaries of the Damned #4

DayZ, Diaries of the Damned #6

DayZ, Diaries of the Damned #7

No comments:

Post a Comment